Your search for "PET scan Denmark" has been successful and has brought you to OnlineMedicalTourism.com. As the premier source of professional listings for the medical community, OnlineMedicalTourism.com provides information for patients searching for the availability of specific procedures in specific locales, like the state of Denmark.
Denmark has 1 PET scan hospitals in our database. Click the facility name and view their details. You may be able to contact them directly if they have posted contact information.
PET scan is categorized on OnlineMedicalTourism.com as within the class of procedures known as Diagnostics. This procedure is sometimes also referred to as Positron Emission Tomography..
(click for worldwide facilities list): Positron emission tomography, also called PET imaging or a PET scan, is a type of nuclear medicine imaging.
Nuclear medicine is a branch of medical imaging that uses small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose or treat a variety of diseases, including many types of cancers, heart disease and certain other abnormalities within the body.
Nuclear medicine or radionuclide imaging procedures are noninvasive and usually painless medical tests that help physicians diagnose medical conditions. These imaging scans use radioactive materials called radiopharmaceuticals or radiotracers.
A PET scan measures important body functions, such as blood flow, oxygen use, and sugar (glucose) metabolism, to help doctors evaluate how well organs and tissues are functioning.
Today, most PET scans are performed on instruments that are combined PET and CT scanners. The combined PET/CT scans provide images that pinpoint the location of abnormal metabolic activity within the body. The combined scans have been shown to provide more accurate diagnoses than the two scans performed separately.
PET and PET/CT scans are performed to:
* detect cancer
determine whether a cancer has spread in the body
* assess the effectiveness of a treatment plan, such as cancer therapy
* determine if a cancer has returned after treatment
* determine blood flow to the heart muscle
* determine the effects of a heart attack, or myocardial infarction, on areas of the heart
* identify areas of the heart muscle that would benefit from a procedure such as angioplasty or coronary artery bypass surgery (in combination with a myocardial perfusion scan).
* evaluate brain abnormalities, such as tumors, memory disorders and seizures and other central nervous system disorders
* to map normal human brain and heart function
Also known as: Positron Emission Tomography
More information about this procedure and other related procedures is available
If you would like to expand your search for PET scan services beyond the country of Denmark there are 2 good options on this site. One, go to
and click countries neighboring Denmark. And secondly, go to
and click "PET scan" to view OnlineMedicalTourism's world-wide list of facilities for PET scan.